quinta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2012

Tony Bennett - Perfectly Frank

  1. Time After Time
  2. I Fall In Love Too Easily
  3. East Of The Sun (West Of The Moon)
  4. Nancy
  5. I Thought About You
  6. Night And Day
  7. I've Got The World On A String
  8. I'm Glad There Is You
  9. A Nightingale Sang In Berkely Square
  10. I Wished On The Moon
  11. You Go To My Head
  12. The Lady Is A Tramp
  13. I See Your Face Before Me
  14. Day In, Day Out
  15. Indian Summer
  16. Call Me Irresponsible
  17. Here's That Rainy Day
  18. Last Night When We Were Young
  19. I Wanna Be In Love Again
  20. A Foggy Day
  21. Don't Worry 'Bout Me
  22. One For My Baby
  23. Angel Eyes
  24. I'll Be Seeing You
Perfectly Frank

Featuring The Ralph Sharon Trio

Musicians:

Ralph Sharon, piano
Paul Langosch, bass
Joe LaBarbera, drums

"The Torch and Saloon Songs of Sinatra"

The date is October 13, 1974. My Mom, tragically bedridden, had her entire family around her. we were praying, doing everything to lift her spirits. Her only entertainment was watching television, so we were anxiously tuned in to a music special called "The Main Event". The performer was Sinatra, "The Champ", at Madison Square Garden. We were so enthralled with his performance. Suddenly, in-between two marvelous songs, he belts out that I'm his favorite singer. Taken by surprise, I looked over at my mom. Here eyes opened almost as big as her heart. It was one of the great moments of my life. I'll never forget what he did for me that day. It will remain one of the greatest moments of my life.

There is a warm side to Sinatra that has never been played up properly. Being "on the inside of show business", I can't begin to tell you how many human stories I've heard about the silent Sinatra. Highly philanthropic, he down-plays the thousands of worthwhile benefits he has done over the years. As a private man with a profound sense of loyalty to his friends, he never touts the generosity he has shown to those he loves. That's the man!

Now, the artist! In his day, Michelangelo was considered a stonecutter. Today, we all stand in awe of his perfection. With Sinatra, there is that same quality that will endure and be hard to top. Even though Sinatra's creative premise was popular entertainment, he never compromised on any of his recordings. Hundreds of years from now, these records will sound as fresh as they do today. His ability to communicate so strongly has hauled him to the top of the heap. Dedication to his craft has earned him the title - "King of the Entertainment World" - a position well deserved.

The United States is the youngest and most vital empire in existence. I believe popular entertainment is in and of itself an American art form. Above anyone else, Sinatra as a performer has contributed the highest level of excellence. He has given us all a legacy to aspire to and a standard to live by.

(Tony Bennett, from the original liner notes)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...